Thursday, December 4, 2014

How to clean that Glass Top Stove! Clean and you will save money!

I am sad to say this is my glass top stove looked like after Thanksgiving. I know this is so embarrassing but it happens and I am about to show you with just two household products how to get this looking new again! 

I am only showing one side of the stove because I already cleaned the other side and I do not to spoil anything.



After some searching on websites, blogs, and youtube.
First I grabbed out the baking soda. I grabbed this one that sits in my fridge because it was the only one that I had around.

I took the baking powder and sprinkled some of the baking powder on the stove. I would test a spot first. 
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS THIS UP!

Then I grabbed some Hydrogen Peroxide and poured just a little bit over it. Just enough to make a paste out of it. And then I grabbed some paper towels but I guess any clean rag would do. 

I used paper towel to blend it. I let it sit for a minute or so (not sure if you must do that or not but hey I did) and then I just gently did the Karate Kid cleaning motions. Circle to the left circle to the right. I did this for a few minutes concentrating on the darker spots.
The mixture seems to disappear a bit either into the paper towel or into lala land but if you see this happen it is okay. 
 
After all my Karate kid cleaning technique the stuff was worked in and I just wiped it all off with a clean paper towel and some water and dried it all off. I did repeat the above steps another time because I wanted it super duper clean and as you saw in the first photo it was a mess. But you can do as you wish.

The End Result! 


An amazingly clean stove... I plan to do this every so often. 
My food now cooks better and in shorter time saving on electric which saves me money. 

HAPPY CLEANING!

No comments:

Post a Comment