Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Air Blown Snow Globe for $10.00!




As I have posted lately I have been hunting down Christmas Decorations to spiffy up my yard. Today I went to a thrift store locally and came across a Airblown SnowGlobe deflated in a box. 
This was the sign that was on the box and of course it got my attention. 
 Well obviously I could not check it since it needed a fuze but it was so tempting. What if it worked? I mean $19.99 for an Air Blown Snow Globe is a great deal. But I am on limited funds and I did not have $20.00 but I was not about to pass up the deal. 
So I asked the guy at the Thrift store if he could do better on the price? I asked him If your wife came home and told you she spent $20 on this and she did not know if it works or not, Would you be mad at her? He laughed... I said listen I can not test it and what if the motor is blown? I am taking a huge risk! 

He dropped the price to $10.00 and I happily paid. I mean $10.00 even if it does not work I am sure I can sell it to someone else for $15 to let them figure out what is wrong with it. They normally sell for over $100.00! Actually the same exact one is up for auction right now on ebay with 9 bids at $61.00 with almost $40 shipping!

So I got it home, changed out the fuze, prayed that it works so I did not just waste my $10.00 and ...........


 So next time you are out driving past a Thrift or 2nd hand store stop in and see what treasures and great deals that you can find and do not be afraid to take a risk from time to time. Just measure the risk and make sure it is one that you can take. 

HAPPY COUPONING!

No comments:

Post a Comment