Saturday, February 2, 2013

Thrift Store Shopping!



You are already to make the change in your life of saving money on your grocery bills but have you ever looked at your local Goodwill or dropped in at your local Church Thrift Store?You can find items like a missing glass to complete the set of dishes that you have. I have found items from designer Jeans for $1.00 Lego Sets for my son for 25 cents and so many other items.

I love Thrift Store Shopping and can come up with some great deals and super savings. During Christmas I was on the hunt for a tool bench for one of my children. I did not want to go and spend $50 on one for that is just silly for they more then likely will not even play with it or will grow out of it after the first or second time they play with it.

As you can see from the photo above I did find it. While at the Goodwill store I walked past the doors where they keep all of the items not ready to be put out yet. I say a tool bench so I inquired about when it would they would be putting it out. She told me that she does not know. I went to the front of the store to the register and went to check out my items. The Lady came running over to me and said they are about to take it out. I said cool I want it. She brought it up and the price was $5.96! A weird Price concidering everything is like $1.06. But I was like okay. It did not have any tools but I figured it would work since I already had tools for them. I paid for the items and while walking out the store the lady stopped me and had a bag and said here these go with it. I was like cool. I came home to find this is what I bought.
Yes that is over $300 value for $5.96. The best part is is that my kids play with this at least once a day. They love building me bird nest or little cabins. They also love learning new things and languages with Manny. Since it does talk. So next tiem your driving by a good will stop in check it out. You never know what you are going to find.


No comments:

Post a Comment