Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Look Back at 2012!

2012 was a great year for me. I was able to do what I love and stay home and raise my children and help the family out tremdiously by paying little to nothing for groceries. I had a lot of fun shopping and I was able to get in on some super deals. I have compiled a group of some of my favorite hauls from 2012. For those new to couponing I will leave a few tips and for those already into this I am sure you will look at my pictures and reflect back to when you where buying the same things and the great memories of this past years shopping adventures.




This would of cost the average shopper without coupons over $100 but I paid less then $12.00 with coupons that I have cut out of the paper or have printed off the internet or have found in local store coupon fliers. TIP Sometimes you have to buy items that you normally would not in order to make the money off that item to off set the cost of another item.



Grand total of all of this $138.24. Thanks to coupons I proudly spent $10.89! TIP: As you coupon for a while you will see some of the same items come up over and over again. This is not a bad thing for instance take the pasta for example I used to pay full price for the pasta and now every few months when a deal comes around I pay little to 10 cents tops for each box. 




Today's Trip to Publix would of cost me $190.00 total but with coupons I paid $20.00. TIP With the right coupons anything is possible. Gather coupons from anywhere you can whether from newspapers off the internet threw books found in stores or even magazines. The more coupons the better savings you can see.


Publix trip Saved $129.87 paid 0 yes nothing and they paid me $3.57 cash. Now how do you think it feels to walk into a store and come out with them giving you money back. You guessed it it feels great. Actually to be honest the first few times this happens you feel like your going to wheel the cart outside and the minute you walk out the doors alarms are going to start going off and you are going to get in so much trouble but after you realize you just did a great job you can happy dance yourself all the way to your car.


This was one of my favorite trips so far. Publix $185.00 worth of groceries. Here is what I got in several transactions and trips. 60 yes 60 cans of Chef Boyaredee ($1/4 Publix Coupon) 15 packs of Pudding ( Buy 4 chef boy aredee get one free pudding and also $1/3 Publix Coupon) 8 boxes of Popcorn ($1/1 Publix) 6 Packs of Dr Pepper ($1/1 manufacturer and $1 off 1 Target and a but 3 get 1 Publix) 12 Motts Juice Boxes ($1/1 manufacturer) onions ($2/2 produce Publix) Fruit bowl ($2/2 Produce Publix) Watermelon ($2/2 Produce )Bananas (they were under $2 so paid full price) Tomatoes (they where full price since they were under $2.00 and I had to many produces) plantains 1 Chocolate Milk, 1 Strawberry Milk, and one Little Nemo Balloon (not pictured) Total for everything $46.00 - I qualify for 2 rebates each will give me a $10.00 publix gift card so GRAND TOTAL $26.00. Note: This was done using a lot of math skills, some ordering of items, some ordering of coupons to make this all work and of course my $5/$30 store coupons!


This was the most exciting trip so far this year. One night I was about to go to bed and all of a sudden the coupon world went crazy there was a $3.00 off Lays Coupon and a $2 off Lays Coupon Printing!! WHAT? The kicker was not only was it printing but there was some sort of glitch and the coupon just kept printing. After a day or so it was noted that the coupon was legit. To make matters even better Publix put on a sale that matched perfectly with a coupon that was put out in the Yellow Advantage Flier. Publix trip today: 24 cases of soda 16 boxes of cereal 10 bags of chips 4 packs of candy bars 6 boxes of ritz crackers and 20 bottles of herbal essence shampoo and conditioner (not pictured) Total Savings $305.00 total spent a little less then $30! YES THIRTY DOLLARS!!!!


This is my famous tower of cheeses! This deal was super super hot. Winn Dixie had these at $2.99 bogo and if you bought 10 boxes paid $14.98 you got back a $10.00 Catalina for buying 10 Kraft Products... So I bought 10 more used the $10.00 Catalina and paid $4.98 out of pocket and guess what it printed off another $10.00 Catalina.. So guess what I did... Yes another 10 boxes paid $4.98 and got back $10.00! So I got 30 boxes for less then $15.00!!!


Like I needed more Mac and Cheese but come on this is VELVETTA! Okay this was done at two stores but without coupons I would not have saved over $100 and I spent about $6.50 for all of these items!



Publix trip saved $116.00 Spent $18.00 for a summer filled with Sunny D!!! That is 26 bottles of Sunny D!! Note: Every good couponer will tell you it is not nice to clear the shelf so when needing this many of one item it is always best to make sure that all your coupons are in order and to place an order with Customer Service.



Publix Trip: Saved $105.00 Spent almost $11.00 on all of this. Basically I got all of this for less then I would of paid for just the dog food without using coupons. Note: Sometimes people are amazed at what I do and sometimes people swear that I must be doing something crazy here. To me the only thing crazy is why your butt is not doing this too... to me that is crazy! 



Okay here is what I did..(8) Farmhouse Dressings (1/1 Sweetbay and 1/1 manufacturer), (4) Glade Plug Ins and (4) Glade Starter Kits (BOGO Target on the Plugs Ins paired with buy a plug in get a starter free), (6) Fantastik Scrubbing Bubbles (1.75 off 2 Publix paired with 75/1 manufacturer) (2) Snapware Containers (2/1 manufacturer), (1) Chopped Meat (2/1 meat over $2 Publix ) and (11) Covergirl Eyeshadows ( 3/1 and 1/1 manufacturers paired with 1/1 Publix)...and Yes 3 5/30 WD. Total Saved $145.00 They paid me $2.50 and plus I qualify for the $50.00 Bakeware Set for spending X amount of money on P & G Products!



This by far was my best trip this year... Total Saved a little under $300.00 total spent $61.00! Now yout thinking you spent $61.00 that is not your best! What you are not seeing here is that $61.00 that I paid out of pocket for all of this included a $50 gas card and it also qualifies me for yet another $50 Bakeware set. So not to shabby I would think! 
 
Publix Trip Total Saved 224.97 and OOP 25.45! I love Cookies and since cold season is coming having some cough medicine on hand is going to come in handy this winter! 

This year was a lot of fun and I look forward to a lot more steals and deals for 2013!! If you have not got on the coupon band wagon maybe seeing this and reading this blog will help you to get motivated. Whatever your reasoning for starting it is possible.... Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment