Monday, June 3, 2013

My Shipping Haul Today... Coupons are not for getting stuff free it is about saving money!



People always ask me why I do this? But the question is always why wouldn't I do this? I save my family so much money (as well as post about my trips and deals) to save others money too. It is nice to be able to help people... my mother did it all her life never expecting anything in return and she taught me to do the same. 

Winn Dixie Transaction #1

(10) 24 packs of Winn Dixie Water 3.99 or 39.90
Substituted for the Nestle  
Total $39.90 
Used (1) $5 off 30 Winn Dixie Coupon brought total to $34.99
Then gave Winn Dixie Card 
Promotion x2 buy 5 get $5 off dropped price to $24.99
Then used (5) $1/2 Nestle Water 4/28 SS
They let me use the coupon since they where out 
Total Paid $19.99!
Yes that is 240 bottles of water for $19.99 or about 8 cents each!
Yes I know it is WATER but my husband buys bottles of water at the store each day for about $1.00 this will save my family 
92 cents for each bottle of water he brings with him. 
Plus Hurricane Season is here so....
$19.99 instead of $240.00 yeah sounds like a deal to me!

Winn Dixie Transaction #2 
(36) bottles of Gatorade 88 cents each or $31.68
Used (3) Buy 9 get 3 free brought total to $23.76
Used (1) $5 off 30 
Paid $18.76!
Yes I know that is good but not good like I normally am at the end total but once again my husband stops at the store EVERYDAY and gets in on the 2/$3 deals at the local gas station. So him buying 36 bottles over a period of time would cost my family $54.00 and I paid less then $19.00 so well worth it for my family. 

Here is what all this looked like in my trunk!

 Then it was on to Publix where I took advantage of the 
$2.00 off ANYTHING coupon that was in this Sundays paper.
I went several times through out the day since my store limits you to one per customer. 
Most people do not go to publix several times a day 
well unless your me and you live about 5 minutes away!


 
Transaction #1
(1) Gallon of Chocolate Milk $2.69
Used (1) $2 off Anything
Paid 69 cents!




Transaction #2 
(1) Capri Sun (3) 10 packs $5.99
Used (1) $1.00 off Capri Sun 3 pack peelie brought total to $4.99
Used (1) $2 off Anything 
Paid $2.99 or a $1.00 each 10 pack works for me!


Transaction #3 
(4) Twin Packs of Lunchable Snacks on sale 4/ $6.00
Used (2) $1/2 Peelie on Product brought total to $4.00
Used (1) $2.00 off Anything
Paid $2.00! 


I could of stayed there all day but did not want to overdue my welcome .... even though they love when I go there! But do not worry I winded up with over 16 plus papers this week so needless to say I will be back tomorrow! 

Transaction #4 
(12) Cans of Chef Boyaredee 1.00 each or 12.00
(2) Velvetta Cheeses $4.33 BOGO
(1) Vidal Sasson Conditioner 2.50
(4) Covergirl Eye Shadows 2.99 each or 11.96
Total $30.79 plus tax 
Used (3) $1/4 Chef Boyaredee 6/2 SS brought total to $27.79
Used (2) $1/1 Velvetta Tear Pad brought total to $25.79
Used (1) $2/1 Vidal Sasson Peelie brought total to $23.79
Used (2) $3/2 Covergirl last Month P&G brought total to $17.79
(2) $1/1 Covergirl Product Publix Coupon brought total to $15.79
Used (1) $2 off Anything brought total to $13.79
Used (1) $5 off 30 Winn Dixie Coupon 
Paid $8.79 plus tax 

 
Sometimes couponing is not about getting stuff for free most of the time at least for me it is about feeding and providing for my family for pennies on the dollar. 

This is why 99% of my shopping hauls are done at grocery stores. I really am not that excited for free soap, nail polish, or make up at the drug stores I care about NEVER having to worry about my family being hungry or in today's case thirsty.  

People coupon for different reasons..I have been in that boat where money was so tight we where left to eat butt naked pasta and had to water down the milk. I NEVER will have to be in that situation EVER again and I am hoping that this page reaches those who may be facing that right now and trust me there is an answer and that is to start couponing!

RIP Mom XOXOXO...
HAPPY COUPONING!

No comments:

Post a Comment